HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
[NEWS] Two individuals were spotted fleeing the Tauran General Hospital after one of its patients, Josh Manson, was shot to death. If you see either of these individuals, please notify the police.

Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13))

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Theseus12
Staff Member
Theseus12

Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13)) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13))   Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13)) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 3:41 am

"Got it. I'm you're healer, sevant, horse brusher, if you have a horse, if you ask it, I do it. no questions asked." thomas was ok with that. He picked up his backpack, and slung it on his back. "So, where to, Rayne?"
Back to top Go down
http://percyjacksonrpg.forumotion.com/forum
ReaptheMusic

ReaptheMusic

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13))   Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13)) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 4:03 am

For now, we simply rest here. Tomorrow I must go elsewhere in the Republic for my next bounty. Hopefully I won't pick up another Witness." She shook herself off and felt around. "Set up the two sleeping mats, I must prepare something."
Back to top Go down
Theseus12
Staff Member
Theseus12

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13))   Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13)) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 1:39 pm

Thomas was surprised by her having a pair of sleeping mats. it was almost like she was expecting someone to join her, or wishing she wasn't alone. he spread the mats to where one was on either side of the fireplace, which he then added some wood to. Thomas thought back to his experience of the day. he had, in essence, been kidnapped, and yet, he found he had respect for Rayne, as though he never saw any of the bad, only the good. she was a bit tough with the rules, but she was fair with them. she had the power to kill, but she only used it only when the person deserved to die, and possibly in self defense. She was going blind, yes, but used a bow and arrow amazingly well in spite of that. Thomas found himself actually admiring the halfling. She was from one of the more brutish cultures, and yet she spoke like a refined person of royalty, with dignity and confidence. her manners made most people Thomas met appear to act like swine. Her father raised her well, the Healer thought to himself It's a pity hardly any human nowadays can say as much. Thomas was hesitant to until he remebered her blindness, but he took of his shirt, rolling it up into a pillow before he lay down on one of the mats, taking his hospital scrub shoes off, and setting them next to the bed. When Rayne was done with, well, whatever it was she was doing, Thomas addressed her. "You know, the clothes medical staff wear to the hospital aren't exactly meant for the roads. We're going to need to stop at a store of some kind so I can get a change of more travel ready clothing. I um, hope you don't mind me buying." he gave her time to register what he siad before another question slipped out. "If all you doing is hunting criminals, why are you on the run from the Law, anyway? is it becuase of old prejudices that we were raised outside of, yet dominate the rest of the world?"
Back to top Go down
ReaptheMusic

ReaptheMusic

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13))   Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13)) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 7:52 pm

"One, is that most people don't care for halflings. Especially of my kind. Troll halflings have it worse though." She took out a needle and thread, as well as bits of leather and some cloth. She sewed as she tilted her head to the starry sky, and closed her eyes, taking her time with feeling the material. "And Two, all people SEE is an Orc girl covered in the blood of an innocent. They do not know my story, which is why I tend to avoid them." She sniffed disdainfully and came over to him. She suddenly wrapped her arms around him, patted his sides.. and nodded.
"Why are you half naked?" She asked, turning back to her work. She didn't seem the least bit flustered by this. "I'm aware you will need armor. Perhaps enchanted garbs to aid your magick abilities, no?"
Back to top Go down
Theseus12
Staff Member
Theseus12

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13))   Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13)) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 12:44 am

The last thing he should NOT have expected was the hug. once again, he took the fact that she did things so well, and forgot entirely that she was near blind. he wa thankful she couldn't see him blushing redder than a beet. "Umm, becuase I was about to go to bed, and I sleep with my shirt off. as for armor, I'm a healer, not a fighter. I'm pacifist, actually." thomas sa on his bed for a bit, then tossed his shoes on. he grabbed the shirt, and gently took her arm to stop her from sewing. "We do have shirts in the medical profession." Thomas let her hold it for awhile, when he heard a howling sound. wolves. Thomas took the shirt back, wrapping it around the edge of a tree branch, about the size of a baseball bat, and he stood by the fire. basic lessons ran through his head, lessons his father told him. if you have fire, keep a torch ready. if you don't have fire ready, climb a tree, and wait out the night. Thomas had fire, so he had a torch, ready to be , strike that, the first wolf popped it's head out. Thomas lit the makeshift torch. "We're in trouble."
Back to top Go down
ReaptheMusic

ReaptheMusic

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13))   Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13)) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 2:36 am

Rayne snorted at that. "Pacifist? Where we are going, Healer, you will NEED armor," Then she heard the wolves. Seeming to ignore Thomas's warning, she stood up and walked to the edge of the treeline. She leaned backwards, took a deep breath, and tilted her face up. The moonlight glistened off the water of the river and onto her dark grey skin. She giggled softly and then 'howled' back to the wolves.
The one at the edge of the treeline snarled and ran towards her.
Back to top Go down
Theseus12
Staff Member
Theseus12

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13))   Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13)) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 2:49 am

Thomas watched as she howled back, feeling an urge to howl himself, unti lthe wolf at the treeline charged at her. Thomas jammed the end of his torch in the fire, reassuring it was lit as he charged, swinging the burning brand in front of it, making it halt it's charge. thomas got between the wolf and Rayne. any words of pacifism were suddenly gone. thomas found that, when push came t shove, he was quite willing to kill for somebody he... he shoved the thought out of his mind. think later, beat wolf now! the wolf pounced on him, tearing his uniform to shreds, as well as cutting him, though not severely. he blocked it from biting at his face by putting his arm in front of it's throat. he then clapmed it's mouth shut with one hand, and, in with expert, medical form, he snapped it's neck.he then stopped, letting go, as he pushed the wolf aside and lay there, panting. "I", he said slowly. "i never killed so much as a pup before... just fish..."
Back to top Go down
ReaptheMusic

ReaptheMusic

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13))   Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13)) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 3:02 am

Rayne blinked in surprise, hearing the snap of the wolfs neck. "They will smell the blood and not come here now," She told him, surprised evident in her voice. "I was going to kill it myself but.... " She chuckled and went to him. "Do you fear yourself?"
Back to top Go down
Theseus12
Staff Member
Theseus12

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13))   Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13)) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 3:07 am

"It's... as a Healer, I'm not one to enjoy death... and now that I actually caused it..." thomas wiped his hands on the ground, as though they were unclean. "Yes... I fear myself. I don't want to be one who kills just because he can. I want to be the guy who fixws the hurts, not make them..." thomas sat on his bed, feeling horrible. "I guess I'm not allowed to beleive in peace through nonviolence, being an ender of the life of a living creature. I have no room to talk about peace."
Back to top Go down
ReaptheMusic

ReaptheMusic

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13))   Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13)) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 3:21 am

Raynes sightless eyes softened and she went to Thomas, kneeling down. She put a hand on his chest then ran her hands down his arms to grab his hands, and hold them.
"The first step to controlling any anger, is learning to fear yourself and what you are capable of. Thomas Kirtleys hands are not made to destroy." She let go of his hands gently and laid down on her bed. "Thank you for protecting me, Healer. But you do not have to ever again. I ... take care, of myself too, yes?" She still stared in his general direction.
Back to top Go down
Theseus12
Staff Member
Theseus12

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13))   Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13)) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 3:34 am

Thomas was heartened by her speech. "I'll remember then, to fear what I am capabl of. I used my years of medical experience there, killing that wolf without any mess other than the real body..." thomas trailed off as he saw the blood flowing don his chest. "well, by the gods.. Thomas started to tear up a cloth he had in his backpack, making bandages. "that wolf got me better than I realized. I can't heal myself unless I transfer it to another, living creature. the wolf is dead, and I absolutely refuse to give you my injuries" thomas finished bandaging his injuries, and pulled out a flask of 'feild medicine', as the doctors called it. in reality, it was an ordinary drink of whatever that doctor preffered. here, it was root beer.
Back to top Go down
ReaptheMusic

ReaptheMusic

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13))   Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13)) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 3:39 am

Rayne sat up, blinking. "May I....?" She leaned over and felt his injuries, only feeling the bandages. Digging her finger under them she swipped some blood onto it and sniffed at it. "No infection or bad smell, you will be fine." She wiped her finger off and stared with her eyes half closed at him. "What make you want to be a Doctor?"
Back to top Go down
Theseus12
Staff Member
Theseus12

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13))   Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13)) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 3:42 am

"of course there's no infection, I applied antiseptic." at her question, he frowned. "it's not that happy a story. are you sure you want to know?" even thinking about it gae him sad thoughts, almost heart rendingly so.
Back to top Go down
ReaptheMusic

ReaptheMusic

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13))   Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13)) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 3:50 am

Her orcish ears twitched, hearing the sadness in his voice. She frowned. "You do not have to tell me, Healer." She bowed her head to him. "Get some rest. We leave early in the 'morrow." She laid on the mat and closed her sightless but fierce blue eyes.
Back to top Go down
Theseus12
Staff Member
Theseus12

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13))   Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13)) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 3:54 am

Thomas knew that, in all cultures, bowing the head was a sing of respect. he lay down on the mat, facing Rayne. looking at her, he began closing his forest green eyes, a small part of him wondering if he would wake up. His dreams were filled with wolves and other horrors, but he slept surprisingly well, as though the road was as comfortable, if not more, than his own bed at home.
Back to top Go down
ReaptheMusic

ReaptheMusic

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13))   Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13)) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 5:47 pm

Rayne awoke early, just as the sun was rising. The smell of morning dew and the sound of songbirds rung in the air. She sighed softly and took a towel from her pack. She left the dead campfire and to the edge of the river, where she stripped naked and dived deep into the water, and out of sight.
Back to top Go down
Theseus12
Staff Member
Theseus12

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13))   Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13)) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 6:00 pm

Thomas woke up early, tossing off his shoes as he walked over to the river. the sun had hardly risen when he stripped off his pants and undershorts, and waded into the water. He wiped the grime from his body, when suddenly he heard a splash, him turning just in time to see Rayne's feet dissapear in the water. "GODS!" he shouted. He quickly turned his back to her, and was suddenly aware of just how narrow this river was. it was about the size of oe of his parents' pools!
Back to top Go down
ReaptheMusic

ReaptheMusic

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13))   Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13)) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 6:09 pm

(It's a WIDE river but, eh, whatever.)

Rayne came up out of the water and flung her hair back. Her upper body fully exposed as she scrubbed the grime off of her. Water was a little stuck in her ears, so she couldn't hear very well. She continued on, cleaning her body. She didn't even know he was there.
Back to top Go down
Theseus12
Staff Member
Theseus12

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13))   Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13)) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 6:36 pm

Thomas stayed still, keeping his back to her. he tried wading further away from her, knowing full well they were both nude, but that she probably didn't know he was there. then he slipped and fell. "Guh!" he got turned in the surf while submerged, unknowingly, and came up splutterig, and saw her. he turned quickly. "sorry!" just in case she learned he was there, he apologized.
Back to top Go down
ReaptheMusic

ReaptheMusic

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13))   Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13)) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 7:15 pm

Rayne whipped around at the sound of splashing water, gasping. She waded towards him fast, about to give him an earful. She blushed a dark red but she stopped in her tracks. She heard something.
"GET DOWN!" She hissed. She suddenly wrapped her arms around him from behind and pulled him down into the water with her, keeping it so just the upper half of their faces would be above water. She still blushed but that wasn't important now.
Some people mounted on horses came across their camping site. "What do you see?" Rayne hissed in his ear. The horsemen got down and poked through the ashes and went through their things. "They halfling was here not long ago" They said.
Back to top Go down
Theseus12
Staff Member
Theseus12

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13))   Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13)) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 7:29 pm

Thomas felt her grab him, and was certain that for being in the water, she was going to get onto him for it when he heard horses. she must have heard it as well, because she suddenly hissed for him to get down, pulling him almost completely underneath the water. Thomas wrapped his free arm around her back to keep them from losing each other in the stream. "She seems to have that Troll-Spawn boy with her, as well." another guard looked up. "a citizen of the Republic?" the other officer nodded. "Ai, not that any use has come from him." thomas felt himself tense against Rayne, tried to relax, but couldn't. he KNEW this soldier. the poor fool had his tongue cut out by a bandit to keep from identifying him. thomas reattached the muscle, and found the very muscle he restored was being slandarized. his hand on Rayne's shoulder tightened subconciously, body language for "I'll take your tongue BACK out of your mouth for that." the other soldier considered this. "simple way to deal with this then. we find them both, kill the boy, and arrest the halfbreed for murder of an innocent citizen. no fears, for dead men tell no tales." the other soldiers agreed to this plan, and started searching.
Back to top Go down
ReaptheMusic

ReaptheMusic

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13))   Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13)) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 7:35 pm

Rayne swore under her breath and she held tighter onto Thomas. She leaned in and whispered into his ear. "Take a breath and go underwater, you need to get us out of here." She took a breathe and slowly slid under the water, holding on to Thomas's side in fear of losing him, seeing as she can't hear ANYTHING underwater.
Back to top Go down
Theseus12
Staff Member
Theseus12

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13))   Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13)) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 7:41 pm

Thomas inhaled as deeply as he could, and sank lower. opening his eyes, the depths of a moving river were a lot clearer then he expected. it hit him just how much rayne was relying on him. her sense of smell was out the window,, touch was near shot, and hearing was hampered by the sounds of a rushing stream. he squeezed her shoulder, hoping she knew it meant he was stroking with one arm as his bare feet started to gently kick.
Back to top Go down
ReaptheMusic

ReaptheMusic

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13))   Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13)) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 7:44 pm

Rayne relied on Thomas. She was a powerful swimmer though, and just kept a hand on his back so that he could swim at ease. The water rushed past her still naked body and she coughed softly, causing her to take in water. In a panic, she kicked up to the surface, coughing and choking up water, losing contact with Thomas.
Back to top Go down
Theseus12
Staff Member
Theseus12

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13))   Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13)) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 7:51 pm

Thomas lost contact with her! by the gods. he scrambled, his eyes casting about till he saw her. she's beautiful, Thomas thought subconciously, unaware he even thought this. He swam back up, hugging her to him, ignoring the fact their chests were pressed together as he pushed the water out of her lungs. "breath," he said, before doing so himself, already submerging.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13))   Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13)) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dealing with Witnesses((PG-13))
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Terra Immortales :: Terra Immortales :: Republic of Humanity :: Tauran :: Vunh River-
Jump to: